Tuesday 7 March 2017

Our Generation's Sin

Just last week I had a chitchat with my friend, David Huan. You know, just talking about things here and there but I remember that during our conversation I said two things that seem entirely different in context to each other but in the end relates much more than I thought at that time. The first thing I said, 'The biggest issue of us young people is not others or temptations but rather offenses. That is the single biggest issue unresolved to date.' Secondly, 'There's a different meaning in Romans 12. Not just talking about separation but worship as well.' I had no idea that on that same day I received a revelation concerning these things and it really just astounded me so. I praise Yahweh for giving me yet another breakthrough. Although sometimes it is easier said than lived out...

This really excites me because this is exactly what has been going on in my personal walk recently. Concurrently we are once again in a new season with Elohim and it appeared that this time the season encircles around persecution, namely trials and tribulations already present and still to come. Many of our youth have been praying unto Yahweh for the preparation needed to face the coming challenges but in all this I see that we are severely lacking. Offenses really cause quite the stirring amongst us so much so that something that pinches causes an overreaction. I remember talking with Pastor Jean once and she corrected me on how to properly set up the chairs in order. It wasn't in any nasty lingo but just a gentle reminder and soon after I have scores of people asking me if I'm okay. Why? Because I was rebuked. When?!! A rebuke according to a dictionary is an expression of sharp disapproval or criticism because of someone's actions or behaviour. I have been meet with proper rebukes before and they cut deep. Then again, the Bible makes it abundantly clear that it is for my benefit rebukes come:

[Pro 20:30] The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

However that is not the point I'm trying to make here. What I'm saying is that, and this is my conviction in the matter; no matter how much we prepare for persecution we will not be able to stand when it comes simply because we take everything so sensitively that our flesh becomes our dominant factor in making decisions in every matter. In other words, we allow what people say or do to us to affect our entirety. Offenses taken are hardly relinquished without much travailing. If we take something as a gentle reminder as a sharp rebuke then I can only just shake my head at the notion of what our young people will soon go through.

[Jer 12:5] If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

We do not know what real persecution is, nor can we actually prepare for it. When it comes then only will Elohim supply the needs needed not just to endure through but to stand strong in Him throughout. In my walk it has always been by the guiding light of the Holy Spirit. Thus far He has led me and not once has He ever shown me the end of the road. He lights my path step by step so as I do not take the reins myself. Again I'm diverting. Offenses kill people. It takes just a small stone by the road that when we kick it causes us to stumble and fall. See what happens when we stub our little toes at the corners of a chair or a table, what pain it produces from injuring such a small member of our body. Carry little pebbles in your pockets and accumulate them. Soon enough, they will weigh your pants down and even you. Even so, offenses however small they may be must be dealt immediately or else they will subvert entire destinies that Elohim had planned for us.

Such a sad fate was Moses. He knew the way to overcome and yet as I read his story I can see that in the end all the offenses and complaints of the people were bottled up until the time came when he could stand no more.

[Num 11:14-15] I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. And if Thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray Thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in Thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness,

In the end, the offense caused him his entry into the Promised Land.

[Num 20:10-12] And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock? And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also. And יהוה spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed Me not, to sanctify Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

[Psa 106:32-33] They angered Him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes: Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Jonah exemplifies our generation in the regards to taking light offenses and turning them to heavy causes for death. This was after the kingdom of Nineveh repented of their actions and Yahweh relented of the judgement upon them:

[Jon 4:1-4] But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he prayed unto יהוה, and said, I pray Thee, O יהוה, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that Thou art a gracious El, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest Thee of the evil. Therefore now, O יהוה, take, I beseech Thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live. Then said יהוה, Doest thou well to be angry?

Things didn't go the way he'd expected it to go, so he got mad. In another word, he took up offense at Elohim for relenting from His word of judgement upon the people. How many times that when things don't go our way we easily put the fault at being Elohim's? How easy it is for us to prioritize ourselves over others and even the will of Elohim. The entire book of Jonah had one thing in common: all things, both good and bad; were by the preparation and will of Yahweh. Jonah's second time came soon after:

[Jon 4:8-9] And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that Elohim prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live. And Elohim said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death.

For such a little thing as shade from the sun causes such a ruckus to occur from Jonah so much so that he wished he'd die there and then. What about us? What little foxes do we have that spoil entire vineyards? What little offenses do we keep that gives us the right to be angry at it, even unto death? A little spark kindles a great forest fire. It would do us well if we not just learn but truly to overcome offenses because they are one of the main things stopping our generation from progressing forward in the will of Elohim.

As I mentioned before, Moses knew the way to overcome offense but in the end he still allowed it to subvert his beautiful ending. He ought to have entered the land with the new generation I believe, but because of offenses everything for him went sour. There is another that endured immense hardship in his life but still he overcame it all. Unlike Noah who endured a patience of 100 years or Abraham's 25 years of waiting, Job's tribulation was the shortest but by far the most intense. Unlike Noah and Abraham who had at least solace and comfort in their families, Job had nothing and no one save a wife who tells him to curse Elohim and die soon after. But still he overcame. I'm sure you are familiar...

[Job 1:20] Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

So he worshipped. I'll end it here but I will be continuing soon on how worship links to overcoming offenses. And how Romans 12 fits not just as a verse calling separation but distinctly true worship as well.

-Wednesday, 8th March 2017, 1 year 6 months 1 day, 0354

No comments:

Post a Comment