Tuesday 2 May 2017

Minister by Worship

When someone says they minister, it means that at the same time Elohim also ministers to that someone. When we draw near to Him, He too draws near unto us.

[Jas 4:8a] Draw nigh to יהוה, and He will draw nigh to you.

[Zec 1:3] Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith יהוה of hosts; Turn ye unto Me, saith יהוה of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith יהוה of hosts.

And when we draw near to Him, we enter into His presence by faith and by the Holy Spirit. For now, just picture the high priest. He enter by the veil into the Holiest of All and what does he see inside there? Nothing but the Ark of the Covenant and the incense that seeps in from outside the veil, from the altar of incense which speaks of intercession. The Ark speaks about the presence and the glory of Yahweh manifested and just like the high priest we too now, when we minister do enter that same glorious presence where we can worship and pray unto Yahweh in the liberty that Yeshua Messiah died to bring us into.

[Heb 10:19-22] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Yeshua, By a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; And having an High Priest over the house of יהוה; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

When we minister we are joined by one Spirit to be able to connect and minister to Elohim by the Spirit. And when we do thus, we are changed all the more. Whenever you come into the presence of Yahweh, are you changed? Do you feel recharged, refreshed? Do you experience cleansing, deliverance? Has something been lifted off or put onto you? Any changes whatsoever? Because one cannot but expect change whenever we come into the presence of Yahweh. If nothing is there, if there is no change; then it is simply ministry time and not ministering time. Because when we are in His presence something takes place and we ourselves will know it, whether we have joined together with Messiah or not.

[Rom 12:1-2] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of יהוה, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto יהוה, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of יהוה.

We all want to fulfill the will of Elohim in our lives but to do that we must first know what it is. To know, we must be transformed with the renewing of the mind. And to be renewed, we must first offer up ourselves as a living sacrifice of praise unto Elohim to take over. I've mentioned partly about how this passage of Scriptures remind me of the Levitical burnt offering, the only offering where the priests have no portion in it whatsoever; all is given to Elohim. Likewise us as well, we are to offer up all so that we may receive all. Yahweh is not satisfied with the majority, He is only satisfied with the fullness that we can give with our giving up of ourselves entirely. On that note, the particular note I'm playing on ministering is about worship and its benefits to one who has truly experienced it.

Worship is likened unto ministering because that is what ministering is all about. The definition of ministering is to serve, to wait upon. It is to put Elohim first and foremost above all. And worship, at least to me; is just like that. When we come to worship together we ought not to bring our problems, our cares, our needs before others or even Elohim in that moment of time. This is about Him being exalted and not about Him meeting our needs though He is able. A habit of mine, is that whenever I'm on worship to always be half an hour early to the sanctuary, not to tune harps or whatnot, though I must sometimes; but rather to tune myself to the flow and working of the Holy Spirit. To just still myself and allow Him to take over the flow of worship. Men can sing songs, but its only those led by the Spirit who will worship.

[Joh 4:23-24] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. Elohim is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Does it not clearly say in Hebrews that it is only by and through Yeshua that we can only continue to offer up our praise unto Elohim even?

[Heb 13:15] By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to יהוה continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His namel
Sometimes, we think we know what is best to flow into worship. What songs to choose, how long per song, but none of that is relevant before Yahweh. The Holy Spirit Who directs us is like the wind, we know not where it comes from or where it will go. Our job is to simply avail ourselves to that leading and flow together and not take the leading position, even if we are called worship leaders. The real Worship Leader is none other than the Spirit of Elohim and unless we can flow together there will be no real time of ministering, it'll all be just for show. Even as a worship leader, I recognise that unless I myself can connect with the presence of Yahweh present in every place then I cannot expect the congregation to connect either. If I'm being bogged down by burdens, weights, depressions, and oppressions, then that is exactly what I'm transmitting to the people: my cares, my worries, my problems. They want to see Yeshua, not me.

Thus, the half hour before worship is needful for me to clear out everything of myself so as to allow Yeshua in me to take centre focus. No matter what I've gone through, whether in the current day or in previous times, I've learnt to leave them at the door and just put on the Lord Yeshua Messiah because only by Him can we worship. Because I find that in worship, one can be so refreshed and changed that they only desire more of it as times goes by. Even as I write this, I had a dream prior to this. In that dream, and it was clear; I was worshipping during a prayer drive at night along some road in KL together with my father and Joseph from Vietnam. During that time in the dream, I just felt the presence of Yahweh come down and minister unto myself and I felt so refreshed. The dream ended with us heading back to a house for the night and when I awoke, I found myself totally refreshed.

Given that I have some duties to attend to in a few hours time writing this, I thought I would have needed more hours of rest but once again, Elohim has confounded me. All it takes is just to minister to Him and to believe and you will see the glory of Elohim. Such is the simplicity in the gospel of Messiah that one does not need to wrap his mind around how it is, he just has to believe and then he shall see. It's not the hours, it's simply Yeshua and then everything will be taken care of. Praise Yahweh.

-Thursday, 4th May 2017, 1 year 7 months 27 days, 0721

No comments:

Post a Comment