Monday 8 May 2017

Resting

I find now that time and even the atmosphere is getting much more quieter for me in the sense that though the sounds of everyday life is still there, the melody of harps, praying tongues, and the every now and then voices of those communally living with me in Glory Place and Semarak; it is as though I am being brought into a place where I find the most comfort alone with Yeshua.

[Mar 6:30-31] And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Yeshua, and told Him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. And He said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

I realise that this is exactly what is happening to me. Even as I am hearing and have heard that the lives of my brothers and sisters in Messiah are becoming much more busy than it already was, myself included; I find that there is a quiet drawing that has been graciously extended to me. I found that now is the time to cultivate the presence of Elohim in solace and solitude.

Don't get me wrong, we as the body of Messiah do need one another and to go alone with oneself makes our walks that much harder to walk. There is a strength in the unity of Yeshua's body, each doing what each part has been destined to do. And yet, and this is for me in this particular season; I find that I can take the most comfort and pleasure as I am by myself. As the work is being done by yours truly, as I drive back alone, even as I sit and have my dinner in silence I just feel so strengthened and comforted. But when I begin to interact I find that the strength I have drawn is flowing out for that time to suffice it.

This season is graciously given unto me because I have learnt that there is strength that can be drawn unlike any other when one is alone with Elohim. There is a glory that can only come when one is alone before Yahweh and not with others. Just like Moses, he alone was given the pleasure to see the glory of Yahweh like none before him. Although he had taken Joshua and the seventy elders up the mountain with him, Elohim only desired to reveal His glory to him alone.

[Exo 24:12-16] And יהוה said unto Moses, Come up to Me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. And Moses rose up, and his minister Joshua: and Moses went up into the mount of Elohim. And he said unto the elders, Tarry ye here for us, until we come again unto you: and, behold, Aaron and Hur are with you: if any man have any matters to do, let him come unto them. And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. And the glory of יהוה abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day He called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

I can sense that despite every duty and responsibility given unto me in this time and season, Yahweh has extended that calling even unto me. To enter His presence, to witness His glory, to enter His rest and just be there. To draw a quiet strength from His presence for days to come. I found that for many of us we have our 'quiet' times. Times when we do nothing and just give ourselves entirely to the ministry of the Word of Elohim, which is good and something to be practiced. But I shall pose a question, what happens when you find yourself having no longer an opportunity for a 'quiet' time? It's not an 'if', it's a 'when' question. Because at the pace the Holy Spirit is working in and through every one of us, the work count will get higher and higher and more vast than we can imagine, encompassing nations about. If we say that we can only draw strength during our 'quiet' times, then does that mean we will be left without strength and help from Elohim if we do not have those times anymore?

One thing I've learnt is that a person may be busy and yet in his heart he is in a place of stillness and quietness with Elohim. A person may be sitting down, praying and worshipping and yet can be so busy in the mind. How to tell them apart? Just look at their faces, do they radiate stress when you look at them or a satisfaction that comes from the presence of Elohim?

[Isa 30:15-16] For thus saith the Master יהוה, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.

Many a times we think that for many solutions in our lives, something must be done when in fact all solutions in our life stems first from entering the rest prepared by Elohim through Yeshua for us. As we desire to run swift without the rest of Yahweh upon us we will find our problems will be as swift if not swifter than us to overtake us. But as we enter the rest of Elohim, we no longer run per se but instead in Him we begin to move, to live, to have our being. What made Elijah run faster than the chariots of Ahab? Was it not the Holy Spirit upon him? How much more now that the Holy Spirit dwells in us that we can run and not faint? Many are fainting because many don't understand what and how it is to enter the rest Elohim desires us to enter into.

To enter the rest is not anything we can do, on our part is no effort except to believe.

[Heb 4:3a] For we which have believed do enter into rest

[Heb 4:9-11] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of Elohim. For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as יהוה did from His.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I receive my help and sustenance while on the move because I understand that rest is not simply lying down and sleeping, true rest is from Yeshua. As we go to Him, He will give us the promised rest we so need and desire of to partake. Not just in the times we are physically still, but we can be about our daily needs and duties and still be ever so rested.

Anyhow, this season is for me. Most definitely. Something new is coming and I am expectant to just what it may be. Praise Yeshua.

-Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 1 year 8 months 2 days, 2335

No comments:

Post a Comment