Wednesday 18 October 2017

Deep Waters

And of course with every high there must come Sennacherib, king of Assyria to contest it. What I mean is simply whatsoever written within the Bible must and will come to pass one way or another.

[2Ch 32:1] After these things, and the establishment thereof, Sennacherib king of Assyria came, and entered into Judah, and encamped against the fenced cities, and thought to win them for himself.

If you read the previous chapters prior to this, you'd see that Hezekiah restored the worship in the tabernacle and many other sorts of deeds of faithfulness, only then did the enemy come against him. And even after such a breakthrough it is of no surprise that the enemy should come against me as well, it is after all written in the Bible. But many would argue that that was King Hezekiah and not I, and yet everything that is written is for my example and learning. So that I would not repeat the errors of the saints of old and to trailblaze for a new generation that shall follow shortly thereafter.

[Rom 15:4] For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

[1Co 10:11] Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

So it is to my benefit to take heed where I stand lest I fall because they that fell in the wilderness were those who practiced the law of Moses and kept its commandments somewhat. Only that they could not enter into their Promised Land because of unbelief and it would be hazardous for me if I didn't take heed and fell by the same error.

Today is Deepavali, a Hindu festival holiday and as such it was of no surprise that the enemy came with much force against me. Today, the sun was exceptionally scorching and as I worked; barely fifteen minutes into it I already wanted to collapse and die. I felt myself dying the more I continued and persevered. I badly had wanted to go into the sanctuary to just lie down there and rest as I was going through my deliverance and yet I knew I couldn't, I must overcome in Yeshua's name. Every time I heaved and exerted some form of strength for the replanting of the banana trees today I felt like I wanted to vomit and purge out all at the same time there and then. When I went to the wash room I had never seen myself that pale in the mirror in such a long time. However, praise Yahweh that after the halfway mark at 2 o'clock in the afternoon my breakthrough came once more. Though I did feel tired, it wasn't anything severe like in the morning and I was no longer feeling nauseated. Through the prayer of my brothers in Messiah, and constant encouragement by them I rose up in the name of Yeshua and overcame.

As I look back at it now that it's all over, it was a needful experience. It just goes to remind me that of all things I have learnt there will come a time to put them to practice and when the rubber meets the road, do we play chicken or conqueror? Yet another reminder that everything given and blessed unto me is by the grace of Yeshua in my life and without Him I would surely have succumbed and perished. I have made it thus far because He upheld me all the way through. Yet another lesson of learning to remain sober and vigilant indeed. Praise Yahweh for such things.

-Wednesday, 18th October 2017, 2 years 1 month 11 days, 1809

No comments:

Post a Comment