Thursday 30 July 2020

21 Days Fast, 3 Days Times 2

We're fasting now for the upcoming 47th National Prayer & Intercessor's Ads NCS called "Manifesting the Glory of Yahweh's Presence" and we'll be partaking in a 21 day fast to prepare ourselves physically and spiritually for it. And in the course of these 21 days we'll be having 2 or more Esther's fasts as well, meaning no food and water for 72 hours. And what's more it will be back to back! As I write this we are already in the last 24 hours for the first Esther's fast and next week we'll be resuming it once again, what joy eh? 

Honestly speaking, I haven't yet come to the level of fully enjoying the fasts. I mean I understand its benefits and appreciate it much but I do not relish going into it because I know what's going to happen. Cleansing, deliverance, everything that is in the heart will just be exposed because as the flesh is made weaker the spirit is made stronger and everything within is made known to all. Not just for myself but for everyone who partakes in these fasts, after all... 

Isaiah 58:6
[6] “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?

We have a song about it now, although we haven't sang it yet. But going back to what I was saying, it seems that in this particular area my mind needs to be renewed some more to the point I can actually look forward with joy to fasting. I look forward to the end, but everything leading up to it not so much. May Yahweh have mercy on me because I am found lacking in His sight, there's still so much more for me to grow into in Him. 

One thing is that during fasting the spiritual warfare is very real. As the flesh weakens our connection to the physical also weakens and we become more sensitive to the things happening spiritually. Because of that, the warfare becomes intensified and when there is seemingly no strength, this is the time where we truly learn what it means to fully trust Elohim for all things. 

Zechariah 4:6b
[6b] ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says YAHWEH of hosts.

Isaiah 59:19b
[19b] When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the YAHWEH will lift up a standard against him.

Even so today the enemy was really bombarding me with so many different thoughts and accusations and condemnations that my mind felt like it was so heavy and on fire but praise Yahweh that as I persisted in the presence of the Lord Yeshua and continued to read His Word I was set free. My mind returned to its clarity but the heaviness and oppressive heat, like the heat of a midday sun beating straight down on me was still there. But praise Yahweh that when it was time for me to worship just now with the harp I was completely set free. Praise Yahweh. There were so many times that I just felt I wanted to run away from the sanctuary but I knew that this was the enemy within me coming out and being exposed. So as I continued to stay in the presence of Yahweh and read His Word and worship Him, the breakthrough came. Now it's as though I'm not fasting, meaning that while I am fasting I am neither hungry nor thirsty but instead I feel full and sated. That's the power of the Word of Elohim for you. 

Matthew 4:4
[4] But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohim.’ ”

We also have a song about this. Truly praise Yeshua for His mercy upon me. I'm not there yet, not by a long shot and yet He continues to look upon me favourably and keeps me in all my ways. Truly this is His grace and love towards me. Praise Him. 

-Friday, 31st July 2020, 4 years 10 months 24 days, 0133

1 comment:

  1. My point is that fast GP has taken it as work of the flesh. There should not be condemnation if you failed to fast. There's no requirement to fast in Yeshua's name anymore and the fast should be giving glory to Yeshua instead of trying to cleanse or defeat the enemy.

    All these cleansing and defeating the enemy has been done by Yeshua. We are to establish His victory, in fact to celebrate His victory for us.

    ReplyDelete