Friday 9 October 2015

Spiral Theory

It is amazing to note that with just a small tear in the seam of a fabric, the whole cloth can come undone quite easily; just like my sleeping bag's container. To think that such a large sleeping bag could fit into a cloth container as small as mine. A small tear in the cloth and then my sleeping bag comes sprawling out onto the floor. Sigh, praise Yahweh. And from there I am reminded of a revelation that I had for quite some time but never got to putting it down in pen. One that I am; unfortunately all too familiar with.

It is distasteful to put one step in the mud in one moment and finding yourself completely sinking in neck deep the next. The same applies with sin and the fleshy nature of us. So long as we give in and fulfil even one single desire of the carnal flesh; feed it even once and it spirals out of control the next. Give the devil and inch and we'll find ourselves overrun the next. Like a spiral which tip is so miniscule in comparison to its body, our sins will always spiral downwards and downwards; creating larger helixes, the gap of morality and spirituality slipping and soon you find ourselves at the basest of our carnal desires once again. I am all too familiar with this as this has been my remembrance every time I desire to do what the self wants rather than what the Spirit wants. I tend to lose control of the steering wheel halfway through, unable to stop unless I crash into the person next to me. Elohim forgives me every time I repent, but even with such mercy I am still abundantly glorying the flesh and its desires.

However, I am given the blessed hope of that glorious day when I will encounter Yeshua and He will take this yoke off me. I am not without hope, though I used to be; thinking that Elohim himself could not slay the flesh which strongly contends against the Spirit within me. I have the very hope of my sanctification, Yeshua Messiah in me, the hope of glory. It is His will that I should be sanctified and He will perfect those whom He sanctifies through His blood on the cross. Therefore, I can rejoice because previously I could not; but now I can see the end of my flesh, the day is coming. Thus, the need and the guilt which is wrought on me cannot hold me against Him who has taken away my reproach, for He has forgiven me of my sins.

Though sin spirals downwards in chaotic fashion, where sin abounds grace super abounds. Hallelujah! Now my problems with the flesh, though they occur from time to time do not distress me anymore. All things will work together for good, even this to those that love Elohim; the called according to His purpose. I can see the unseen, the end of my flesh; its crucifixion, death, and complete burial of it and my true conviction, contrition, repentance, and conversion coming upon me. Truly Yeshua has taken my sorrows from me and given me a light soul for a heavy heart. A merry thanksgiving for my ashes. I am and forever will be in His care not because of who I am but simply because of Who lives in me. I end with what Paul says:

" There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in the Messiah Yeshua, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah Yeshua hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1,2)

-Friday, 9th October 2015, Day 32, 1828

No comments:

Post a Comment