Friday 13 November 2015

Art of Worship, Spirit of Prayer

Well, the fast is nearly over and done with. Praise Yahweh for strengthening me because otherwise I would have easily given myself over to all the food around me. One more hour to go and then we can break the fast with dinner. Hallelujah! In this fast I myself have experienced a breakthrough in the Spirit: to pray and to worship in Spirit and in truth.

Worship wise I have come to realise my inconsistency with my form of worship in CRC and in GP. The contrast is quite stark now that I look back and observe carefully. On the one hand, the worship was taken over by the Spirit. Times of refreshing and strengthening came and time just flew overhead while on the other side if the coin, worship was dry. Song after song even though it is the Word of Elohim we are singing, without the Spirit the fullness just isn't there. No time to minister in the Spirit equals an unbalanced worship making one feel like a pivotal Someone just wasn't there to wrap it up nicely. Now I can see and now by the grace of Elohim I am realigning myself to it and I must say it is a new change in perspective. Although sometimes when I worship in GP in the Spirit I find that the move of the Holy Spirit is hindered by the silence of the people. True, there are times when we must keep silent but there are also times when we must worship in Spirit and not just zip our lips. It creates an uncomfortable if not soul sucking vacuum which just blocks out the Spirit. But when we do worship in the Spirit, we ascend higher than ever before. After all, Yeshua said that the Father is seeking those who will worship Him in Sprit and in truth, not just truth alone.

Prayer wise it seems that the Spirit adds diversity to our monotonous prayers. Instead of going through the motions of lip service, I find that when the Spirit prays, He indeed prays. Diversity is added and the prayer needed at that time just finds its way out of me. Of course, one thing I have come to realise; by whom I cannot remember but Yahweh doesn't want us to pray our own prayers, He wants us to pray His prayers. We are exhorted by Paul to be praying always with all prayer and supplication made in the Spirit. When prayers are made it is collected as incense before Yahweh in golden bowls. However one must take heed to not offer profane fire just like Nadab and Abihu did. Meaning that when we pray, we must be mindful of the Spirit so that instead of offending and grieving Him through our prayers for meagre and temporal things, we glorify both the Spirit, the Son, and the Father through our prayers. For Who knows how to pray without ceasing save He that lives in us who ever lives to make intercession for all the saints according to the will of Elohim?

-Friday, 13th November 2015, 2 months 6 days, 1653

No comments:

Post a Comment