Thursday 5 May 2016

Honey from the Rock

Well now, what an interesting fasting and prayer we have here. First off, 5pm Thursday: I broke the absolute fast and boy was it well needed. The first day there was no hitch whatsoever besides me being called out to lead worship day after day ever since Pastor Jean took Kenneth and Ryan together with her to China. Fingers need approximately 2 hours of rest time to output for the next 4 hours. Anyway first day of fasting flew by like a breeze. In fact I rather enjoyed that first day. Yes, yes I did.

But the second day was a total reversal of it. The moment I woke up I was stuck in a state of limbo once again although this particular proved quite challenging. I was tired but not tired, thirsty but not thirsty. There was one thing at the back of my mind which kept muddling my thoughts up: water. Today was a parched day, there was not a day I quite felt the heat of the afternoon sun beating down on me quite like today. The saliva on my tongue ran out of power and left my tongue moisture less. Resting proved inefficient as it was a day ago as I just could not replenish the energy quite like yesterday. A slow, slow tortoise like pace of recovery. Huh.

I was scheduled to lead worship in the morning together with Jonathan but it was about 5 hours before I ran out of steam. Puff, puff. When I rested there was just one verse that kept nagging at me even while I was sleeping: 1 Samuel 14:27: "But Jonathan heard not when his father charged the people with the oath: wherefore he put forth the end of the rod that was in his hand, and dipped it in an honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes were enlightened." Of all verses it had to be that. I could see it in broad daylight; the glistening, sweet honey just dripping down from a branch. Thick, moist and ever sweet. Of all times for my imagination to snowball!

And then I found out that I had to lead worship yet again in the night session with Jefrin as well. Well, now I'm in quite a pickle here. There was one option that I had not chosen for a long while and that was to break fast early. On one hand this is Yahweh's fast and just as He promised He too is able to fulfil His Word. On the other, honey. In the end I chose. He promised me that He would sustain me and He has provided the means for it. I just went and took a big swig of His sustenance and downed a 4 layer portion of His blessing; aka a soft drink bottle and a 4 layer peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich. And just like Jonathan my eyes were enlightened. I committed the breaking of the fast to Yahweh inasmuch as I committed the commencing of it to Him.

And what do you know? I came back in the night refreshed and re energised. Worship was great, the presence of the Lord was there and there was great joy even though the people were quite soft spoken and quiet due to the fast. Now the last day is here. What will Yahweh bless us with today I wonder?

-Friday, 6th May 2016, 7 months 30 days, 0352

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have that experience. Otherwise your head will swells as you have succeeded in every fasting without care, a growing arrogance and pride.

    But praise Elohim, for He is the author of our life.

    ReplyDelete