Friday 23 December 2016

Good War

This is the season for war. And war is exactly what is coming our way. Though it may not be a physical fight, it is indeed a spiritual war that holds physical repercussions. Ever since the Young People's Camp began and even until now I have been experiencing nonstop warfare. It doesn't help that it intensifies almost everyday but what truly helps is the presence and the Word of Yahweh that brings life with Him. I am privileged that not only had I the opportunity to share my take on spiritual warfare during the camp but even now to experience it firsthand. I count myself even more privileged to know such a ministry as this: to be able to minister to Yahweh all day and night really keeps me up and sustains me through it all. If I were in the world and such a warfare comes, then where will I be left in its wake? Or even by the grace of Elohim I have been enlightened of this revelation beforehand, where can I turn to for my relief and shelter in my times of need? Elohim is not the Elohim of chance, but the Elohim of preordained destiny. I thank Yeshua that by His mercy and grace on my life that I have been brought to this very moment in time to experience this. Truly, there is no other place I'd rather be.

The bigger the breakthrough, the bigger the warfare and vice versa. I believe that now is the time when not just the new generation arising to serve Yahweh here in Glory Place will experience their breakthrough but also for those serving years already. The time for their long awaited breakthrough is on the horizon. But of course it does not come without cost to our own hurt. Every breakthrough requires a breaking of oneself, we need to come to a point in our waging the good warfare where we see that all that we are is nothing apart from Yeshua.

[Psa 16:2] O my soul, thou hast said unto יהוה, Thou art יהוה: my virtue is not without Thee;

The time must and will come that in every warfare we come to an end of our plans: what we think, how we do, what we say, all of it will just fall away and what will be made light is the life of Yeshua. There can be no life without first dying.

[2Co 4:10] Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Master Yeshua, that the life also of Yeshua might be made manifest in our body.

I am so amazed that the Bible just becomes more and more alive to me the longer I study and digest it. It becomes literal food to me. Sometimes there will be days I can just keep feasting on the Word always hungering for more, and yet there are days where even a simple passage is enough to satiate me the entire day. If I should try for more I would risk the feeling of nausea when one eats a bit too much than he ought to. It really is amazing to be able to experience such things just like what the Word of Elohim says. In this season I found myself drawn towards the book of the Kings and Chronicles. The thought really dawned on me that since we are made kings and priests unto our Elohim by the Lord Yeshua why do we not study the history and the lives of the kings? After all:

[2Ti 3:16-17] All scripture is given by inspiration of יהוה, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of יהוה may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Why not study how they waged war on their enemies? True, theirs was flesh and blood but now we as the New Testament believes face the forces directing the flesh and blood: spiritual enemies. And through much searching and understanding graciously given by the Holy Spirit I found much revelation in the art of spiritual warfare. The way to overcome the enemy is by faith in Elohim and by prayer and worship. On this particular aspect of worship I will be emphasizing more.

The way the kings of old overcame their physical enemies were through warfare but much more through their worship unto Elohim. As they lifted up their eyes and voices and cried out to Yahweh He answered them and intervened in the battle. Victory through Elohim alone.

[2Ch 13:14-15] And when Judah looked back, behold, the battle was before and behind: and they cried unto יהוה, and the priests sounded with the trumpets. Then the men of Judah gave a shout: and as the men of Judah shouted, it came to pass, that Elohim smote Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.

[2Ch 14:11-12] And Asa cried unto יהוה his Elohim, and said, יהוה, it is nothing with Thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O יהוה our Elohim; for we rest on Thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O יהוה, Thou art our Elohim; let not man prevail against Thee. So יהוה smote the Ethiopians before Asa and before Judah; and the Ethiopians fled.

[2Ch 20:21-22] And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto יהוה, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise יהוה; for His mercy endureth for ever. And when they began to sing and to praise, יהוה set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

Abijah, Asa, Jehoshaphat, among others not limited to just the book of the Kings were among those whose victory was just shouting and calling upon the name of Yahweh through worship. The key to victory in the time of waging warfare is to worship continually because in worship Yahweh takes over and wages war on our behalf. In fact, His method of warfare is by the word of His mouth and by the worship of His people.

[Isa 30:32] And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which יהוה shall lay upon him, it shall be with timbrels and harps: and in battles of shaking will He fight with it.

[Psa 149:6] Let the high praises of Elohim be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

When we worship we exalt Yeshua and when Yeshua is lifted high He will draw all men unto Himself. When He is exalted in our lives then the darkness must flee away simply because the light has come and there is no more place for the darkness in our lives.

[Joh 1:4-5] In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

The key to the defeat of the enemy's schemes against us is simply to always be looking unto Yeshua and to just keep on worshipping Him. Such worship won't come just like that in our times of trouble but must be cultivated daily just like how a prayerful life is cultivated: daily. Take a look at Daniel, when he heard the decree that no petition should be made to any god save the king himself he went back to his room, opened the window and prayed three times as was his usual custom. In times of adversity, it is what has been drilled into us daily that will see us through. Daniel's life was one full of prayer.

[Dan 6:10] Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his Elohim, as he did aforetime.

Job also was a man of constant communion and worship. He regularly sanctified his children through the daily sacrifices and offerings unto Yahweh. Such a daily thing was inbred into him so much so that when his hour to be tested had come, he could still worship Yahweh even for all the adversities he was going through.

[Job 1:5] And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed Elohim in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

[Job 1:20-21] Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: יהוה gave, and יהוה hath taken away; blessed be the name of יהוה.

Actually this can go on and on and on. But what I want to emphasize is that the key to overcoming is first the cultivation of taking pleasure in worship and prayer. If it becomes a chore, then we will find less pleasure in entering warfare. On a personal experience, I find it my great privilege to be able to go through warfare and oppression because I know that it will reap for me great rewards and benefits to the furtherance of my walk with Messiah. I take pleasure in the blessings of Elohim but I find greater pleasure in entering troubles in my life because I see a greater breakthrough there. After all a breakthrough only comes if there is actually something to break through, if you can understand my quip.

-Saturday, 24th December 2016, 1 year 3 months 17 days, 0309

No comments:

Post a Comment