Friday 21 April 2017

Feels Like I'm Born Again

These past few days I've been at a strait for quite some time. My father and I just can't see eye to eye. Is this the work of an enemy? Rather in this new beginning of yet another season in Yahweh I'm beginning to see something being formed amidst all the differences in viewpoint and opinions. Messiah in me, the Hope of glory.

My father has been a great help to me in my walk with Elohim and though we may have had many a differences, we love the same Elohim and desire for such an intimacy with Him and with His Son, Yeshua Messiah through the Spirit. So, we walk the same path different ways and now I see that. You know, there have been many times in the past where instead of seeking the will of Yahweh for many things I instead sought the will of my father. I desired to please him more than doing what was supposed of me and that has really left me in many binds more often times than not. But now, with what Yahweh has been revealing to me since Resurrection Sunday; Yahweh has called me to Himself. And that has left me in a strait because knowing the nature of my father, he is always right. Even when he's wrong, he's right.

Please don't think that I seek to slander him. I really do love him but just as he has a peculiar way of showing his love for me, so too I him. I grew up not pampered but rather disciplined thoroughly by him and that has been a part of who I am now. But as of late, the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about being born again. Many people say that they are born again, and they say well. But many don't understand what it means to truly be born again.

[Joh 3:3-4] Yeshua answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of יהוה. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Nicodemus was talking about the literal being born again but Yeshua was speaking about a spiritual rebirth. Just like a newborn babe, when we are born we carry nothing into the new world. Nothing of past knowledge, nothing of past pleasures, customs, cultures, traditions, and whatnot. Everything that we've learnt in the world we cannot bring into the kingdom of Elohim, not even beneficial values. If we are indeed born again then everything must start anew. And as much as we don't want to, we must because that's the prerogative of a newborn babe. They have no say in it whatsoever, they must start afresh.

[2Co 5:17] Therefore if any man be in the Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

[Rev 21:27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

But just being born again is not the same thing as entering and living in the kingdom of Elohim. To put it in a different way, to be born again is to be born sensitive to the spiritual realm. But to enter into the kingdom of Elohim is something only those born again can do.

[Joh 3:5] Yeshua answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of יהוה.

To be born again is like standing in front of your own house. You see the house but you view it from the outside. Those who are born again and are born of the Spirit as well are those who have the keys to enter their own house. That is exactly what it means that if we should live in the Spirit, then we ought to walk in the Spirit as well.

[Gal 5:25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Many Christians are sensitive to the Spirit of Elohim but many are not willing to give up whatsoever they hold onto to follow the flowing of the Holy Spirit. To walk together with Him is all that He really desires of us.

[Mic 6:8] He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth יהוה require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy Elohim?

You know, even as I write this all the angst and dissension I had for my father just disappeared once again. It is a blessing to be able to receive all things and yet to be able to relinquish it should the time comes. In this season, the Holy Spirit is teaching me how to hold onto nothing but Him. I desire Him now all the more that for everything He has blessed me with, the greatest perhaps would be His Spirit with me continually. Though I should err, though I might stumble, He is there to raise me up that I may live in His sight.

I may not show it much but I really am concerned for my father right now. I just happened to look at his face and it was horrifying. No real peace, no rest, and now he is seeking Yahweh but not finding Him just yet. A time of dryness has come. Of course, given the times of how I've been wrong many times I could be wrong this time as well. Nonetheless, there is a time coming for me, my father, for each of us. The time will come and is coming that we must be willing to relinquish all that we have unto Elohim or else there shall be no further bringing in. All we love, all we've learnt, all we can do, everything. Our Isaacs are about to be sacrificed and if we are not willing to surrender when the time comes then we shall surely progress no further in Yahweh.

[Gen 22:16-17] And said, By Myself have I sworn, saith יהוה, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Easier said than done but now I've realised that this is a marvellous thing that I can see happening. Signs and wonders are taking place all around me every single day. I love my father, I really do. I just have a strange way of showing it. He seeks a breakthrough so in Yeshua's name, Yahweh give it to him. However to breakthrough you will need something or someone to break through. It won't be a breakthrough otherwise. But I'm veering off topic.

[1Co 15:36-38] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But Elohim giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed his own body.

[1Co 15:44-45] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

[1Co 15:49-50] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of יהוה; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Even as we might have known Yeshua in the flesh and carnal understanding of the mind, we no longer can.

[2Co 5:16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known the Messiah after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

[Gal 3:3] Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

The road we now take is a road far less travelled. Everything about it is new to us and we cannot hope to traverse it unless we first shake off everything of the old life and being anew. That at least is what the Holy Spirit has been putting in my heart recently. I used to think that if I could become someone like my father, I would do well. But now I no longer desire to be like my father, my mother, my sister, anyone. I am Matthew Yap, and the road I take no one else in this world can. Such is the same for each of us. The only vision given to me is my Hope, Yeshua. Thus, I move.

-Saturday, 22nd April 2017, 1 year 7 months 15 days, 0116

No comments:

Post a Comment