Monday 17 February 2020

Seniors Camp 2020, First of Many

The Seniors Camp is officially under way now and to me it looks like this camp will be a camp that's really refreshing to the spirit, soul, mind, and body. What I mean is that now that all of the seniors, uncles, and aunties have been relieved of duties and responsibilities just to soak in the presence of Yahweh for a week it is left up to the young people to sort out the majority of the maintenance and upkeep of the place. The change of guard has come but with it I found that it brings new enlightenment as well. 

The seniors now beginning to understand that there is more to it than just singing songs on stage, worshipping counts more than the number and length of songs one worships with. It is all about the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit for each and every session. Whereas we the young people are beginning to understand just how many hoops the older ones had to jump through and the background work going on behind the scenes. I knew that they were doing a lot but it didn't really cross my mind of just how much was "a lot" until now. It gives me new and profound grace and appreciation for the things the older ones are doing and the sacrifices that they have made for us to be able to just sit in the sanctuary all day and soak ourselves in the presence of Yahweh all the time. Truly, it feels my heart with new thanksgiving for each and every one of them, invaluable is what they are. 

My duties have increased exponentially, so much so that between hours of work I can work in an average of 4 hours of at the most before I'm off again. I was concerned that the surmounting lack of sleep would be a problem but already on the first night itself the Lord Yeshua has shown me all these things are not my concern, they are His for Him to work out for me. All I need to do is to remain focused on Him. And He has more than provided for me as I can testify. 

It really is exciting, if I can say there is a contrast to the flow of the Holy Spirit during the young people's worship and the seniors'. If ours could be said to be electrifying, theirs was a calm invigorating presence of Yahweh that is being released. The young people when we worship is charged up and exciting whereas the seniors they take their time slowly and release a calm, mediating presence of Yahweh. Two sides of the same coin really, from the throne of Yahweh proceeds both rivers of fire and rivers of water of life. In fact, you could almost say refreshing like how a cold drink at high noon would be refreshing. 

I truly look forward to the days ahead though filled with much to do, there is great expectation in the air and I can only pray that the young people are finding this time as exciting as I am right now. Hallelujah. 

-Monday, 17th February 2020, 4 years 5 months 10 days, 2025

No comments:

Post a Comment