Friday 18 June 2021

Durians Week 1

We've just begun our durian season once more here in Glory Place. Although we had estimated that it would begin the first week of July, instead the fruits have begun to fall earlier than we had expected and now it seems that by the end of July we will finish the season indefinitely. 

You know, although I never told anyone I had thoughts that the number of durians falling would severely outweigh the number of personnel that we have to go and collect them but that is not the case, praise Yahweh! As many as were helping were as many as the number of trees that were ripening and falling at the same time. Meaning each person had to look after one tree. Of course we are just in the first week of the season so many more will begin to fall from now on, however I am assured that somehow some way Yahweh will cause all things to work together for good. Praise Yahweh. 

During the first day, it was especially tiring for me to have to go up the hill three times in a row but as the days went on my body immediately got used to it at a brisk pace. Now, I can easily go up three times everyday. Once in the morning at 8am, second time at 11am and once more at 1pm before I can be dismissed to prepare for my watch at 4pm. I had expected for myself the days to be long and arduous but they aren't. Instead I found that they're moving at a really fast pace. The days are filled with niceties and pleasantries. I am enjoying myself thoroughly. 

-Saturday, 19th June 2021, 5 years 9 months 12 days, 1408

No comments:

Post a Comment