Thursday 8 July 2021

Durians Week 4, Esther's Fast Day 3, Daniel's Fast Day 17

Wow. I think this might be the longest that I haven't written anything thus far. A lot of things have happened recently and there's a lot to write down. But we all must start somewhere so I shall start here... 

The durian season has picked up the pace these past few weeks, with Week 2 and 3 being the most hectic and most abundant of weeks filled with durians. We had to go up the mountain and back down on an average of 3 times a day: one in the early morning, another in the late morning and the last round in the afternoon. Tiring though it was to bring them down carefully we also had to continue working to open the fruits and pack them since they can't be stored for more than two days before their flavours run. So on an average our working day starts from 8am to 5pm, just like an everyday man. But praise Yahweh that now we have hit the peak season and are coming down slowly. The fruits though there are still plenty are not as many as before. Hence, we've been given grace and leeway to work from 9am to 3pm with going up the hills only twice now. Praise Yahweh for His sustenance and strength throughout the peak season. I had no idea how we managed to pull through everyday and yet we did. Surely tis a miracle, I say! 

Have you ever joined a Daniel fast before? According to Daniel 10 in the Bible, Daniel ate no pleasant food nor did he drink any wine during the 3 weeks he was mourning and fasting for his nation's redemption. 

Daniel 10:2-3
[2] In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks.

[3] I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

That's what we were called to join in this time and season of the Holy Spirit as He leads us altogether. So we did it. I forgot when we had started but now we are in Day 17 of it. What do I say about this fast? Hmmm... First off no salt and sugar for they are pleasant food, no meat, no processed food or drink at all. Only fruits and vegetables and unprocessed grains, nuts and beans. At first I was a bit sceptical about this, whether or not there would be any flavour whatsoever and surprisingly there was. Vegetables and fruits have their own natural sweetness and savoury flavours that normally get covered up by salt and sugar and other seasonings. The food I had eaten was good, in fact I came to enjoy myself during this fast. And besides the food reminds of the times we had eaten meals in the Holy Land. It was quite similar in that there was the great usage of fruit and vegetables in their diet, the lack of salt and sugar overall in their food, and the not eating of shellfish and some other kinds of meat. All in all, I really enjoyed this time that we could fast the Daniel fast for 21 days. 

However, when we came to our staff's monthly Esther fasting and prayer everything changed. The warfare suddenly spiked to an unrelenting level so much so that almost everyone was going through some sort of cleansing and deliverance throughout the past 2 days. Even for myself it was a real struggle. At first I had thought that my cleansing came earlier than everyone else's since I had mine on Tuesday and it was really intense. I was up the whole night just waging warfare and rebuking the enemy that I didn't sleep that night except for 2 hours or so. The pain was real and furious as I continued to reject and drive it out of me before I received my deliverance from it early in the morning that Tuesday. 

It has come again albeit in a different form, feverish symptoms and aches in the joints and coughing. My head felt burning but my feet were like soaking in ice water, so cold. Even now as I write I'm continuing to destroy the enemy seeking to oppress and harass me. I will not stand for this! And nearly everyone else is going through their own warfare as well. Such is the intensity this time that I believe that the breakthrough shall be immense as well. The Daniel and Esther fast have one thing in common, for the great turnaround of the nation itself and surely that's what we all who are doing it believe shall happen. Hence, the warfare coming in like floods upon us. But we are not afraid not perturbed, we know we have the victory and surely we shall see the breakthrough very soon. All we need to do is to continue to hold onto our Lord Yeshua Messiah and look to Him and not our conditions. We shall stand. Praise Yahweh. I look forward to the closing of the two fasts that surely we shall see great and mighty things which we do not know. Praise Yahweh for His mercy endures forever! 

Friday, 9th July 2021, 5 years 10 months 2 days, 0246

No comments:

Post a Comment